–2017 Livestock Sale Information–
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26
9:00AM BACK TO THE FARM SALE:
Dairy Beef Feeder and Beef Feeder Sale – ANDERSON ARENA
10:00 AM JR. FAIR LIVESTOCK SALE – DAY 1:
Rabbits, Sheep, Swine & Goats – Swine/Sheep Arena
All sales proceed 15 minutes after completion of previous sale.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 27
12:00 PM SALE OF CHAMPIONS:
Broiler Pens, Turkeys, Rabbits, Goats, Quart of Goat’s Milk, Gallon of Cow’s Milk, Dairy Beef Feeders, Beef Feeders, Sheep, Swine & Market Beef – Anderson Arena
FAIR LIVESTOCK SALE – DAY 2:
Market Beef, Advertising Bids for Dairy Beef Feeders & Beef Feeders, Broiler Pens and Turkeys
GENERAL RULES FOR THE LIVESTOCK SALE
- Junior Fair Livestock sales will be held at the Sandusky County Fairgrounds.
The Back to the Farm Sale will begin at 9:00am on Saturday in Anderson Arena.
Day 1 of the Junior Fair Livestock Sale will begin at 10:00am on Saturday with the sale of all: Rabbits Fryers and Meat Pens, Market Sheep, Market Swine and Market Goats.
Day 2 of the Junior Fair Livestock Sale will begin at 12:00pm on Sunday with Champion animals all the Departments, followed by the sale of Market Beef, advertisement for Dairy Beef and Beef Feeder, Broiler Pens and Turkeys.
- Any 4-H or FFA member with a market project which has been shown at the fair may enter these animals in the sale. However, one member may sell only four times during the fair.
- EXHIBITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CARE OF THEIR LIVESTOCK UNTIL THE ANIMAL IS RELEASED TO THE BUYER AT 8:00PM ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 27TH or MONDAY, AUGUST 28th WHEN RELEASED TO THE BASE BIDDER. PENS NEED TO BE CLEANED BY MONDAY, AUGUST 28th.
- Each market lamb, market pig, market goat and market beef will be identified with an ear tag.
- All buyers must have their sale release form and have it checked by committee before loading any livestock.
- Members of livestock committee will be available to load all animals from the sale, from 8:00 PM – 11:00PM on Sunday, August 27th. If any animal must be picked up after 11:00PM, arrangements should be made with the committee. All animals going to the base bidder will be loaded on Monday morning, August 28th
- Junior Fair will serve as financial agent for the sale.
- Junior fair Livestock Committee shall assist Senior Board members in charge of the Junior Fair in management of sale.
- The exhibitor must make a choice, if by the ruling all Champions and Reserve Champions required to sell, the total for that exhibitor is more than four sales, as to which animals they wish to sell.
- Any promotions (check-off) expenses mandated by law will be deducted.
- Sale Commissions and department funds will be deducted as set by individual departments.
- If a Junior Fair family member regains possession of an animal after the livestock sale for the purpose of further exhibition, the member and/or family may face a minimum of 3 years barrment from the Sandusky County Junior Fair, except the sale of beef and dairy beef feeders.
- PRIVATE SOLICITATION OF FUNDS FOR PURCHASING LIVESTOCK AT THE SANDUSKY COUNTY JUNIOR FAIR LIVESTOCK SALE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. EXHIBITORS MAY CONTACT POTENTIAL BUYERS PRIOR TO THE SALE TO PURCHASE THEIR ANIMALS OR SUPPORT THE LIVESTOCK SALE. IF BUYER IS UNABLE TO ATTEND THE SALE, HE/SHE MUST CONTACT THE JUNIOR FAIR OFFICE (419-332-1972) AND COMPLETE AN ABSENTEE BID FORM AND A LIVESTOCK COMMITTEE MEMBER WILL REPRESENT HIM/HER ON THEIR BEHALF. ANY EXHIBITOR FOUND SOLICITING SALES THE DAY OF SALE WILL FORFEIT ANY ADVERTISING.
- During Livestock Sales – only the top 4 names of advertisers will be announced per animal sale (buyers over 4 will still be added to purchase). With the exception of the Sale of Champions – only 10 Buyers per animal sale will be allowed.
- Livestock exhibitor checks will not be mailed until at least 30 days after the sale of livestock.
- After 30 days, checks will be mailed only to those exhibitors whom all buyers have paid their bill in full. (Checks will be mailed as a buyer pays their outstanding bill).
- After 60 days, any remaining livestock exhibitor checks may be mailed less any outstanding buyer money for the project(s). Exhibitors will receive their remaining buyer’s money only when the buyer(s) has paid their bill in full.
Thanks to all our 2016 Buyers and Supporters of the Junior Fair Livestock Sales. We hope to see you all again this year!
~ The Sandusky County Junior Fair Livestock Committee ~